Over time, more people are embracing the use of Airbrush makeup.
This is due to how flawless the Airbrush makeup look after applying the makeup the right way.
Airbrush makeup is said to last 5 times longer than regular makeup.
So, you will look snatched for a long time.
If you are just starting out on Airbrush makeup, I promise you will enjoy it over here.
And for you to do that, I have created a guide with some facts about Airbrush makeup. Let’s get started.
How long does it take to apply Airbrush makeup?
Airbrush makeup will last up to 12 hours without melting or rubbing if you follow the right steps towards Airbrush makeup application.
Another reason why Airbrush makeup last longer than regular Airbrush is the formula used to make Airbrush makeup.
One question you might be asking yourself by know is how long does it take to apply Airbrush makeup?
The amount of time you will need to complete your Airbrush makeup depends on your level of expertise.
Since we have a lot content on how to do Airbrush makeup at home, I won’t dwell too much on that topic.
However, I will give you a few Airbrush makeup facts that will ensure you spend the minimum amount of time doing your makeup and achieve a flawless makeup look.
Step 1: Right Airbrush makeup
Having the right makeup products ensures you for get any makeup related issues when applying makeup.
Ensure the makeup you are using is in liquid form and has the right viscosity to be sprayed from the Airbrush without clogging the machine.
When choosing the Airbrush makeup products, choose colors that complement your skin tone and texture.
Step 2: Prep your face
Do not ever jump the step if prepping your face before makeup application.
Prepping your face includes routines such as; Cleansing, scrubbing, toning, color correcting, and moisturizing.
When you do all the skin care routines, all the buildup of dead skin and products accumulation is eliminated and a fresh skin is exposed for makeup application.
Step 3: Prime your face
For those with acne prone skin, priming is one makeup application step you should embrace.
A primer will create a protective layer between your skin and the makeup products that might be the cause of acne.
Aside from the protective layer, a primer will create a smooth surface over your acne.
Once you prime, you won’t need a lot of Airbrush makeup products to achieve flawless makeup look.
Step 4: Use small amount of makeup
Instead of using chunks of makeup trying to hide all your skin imperfections, you can follow the steps given above.
When your skin is ready for Airbrush makeup application, you should only apply 2-3 layers of the products for full coverage.
During Airbrush concealer application, ensure you are using the right concealer shade for respective uses.
Step 5: Apply a blush and a tint
To ensure your makeup last longer and illuminates, you can use a blush or a tint to finish up the look.
A tint would be ideal since it does last longer than a blush.
However, blush comes in variety of colors.
Step 6: Use a setting spray to finish up
If you want your makeup to appear dewy and last longer, you should finish up your makeup by applying a waterproof setting spray over your makeup
Shake the bottle of setting spray before starting to spray your face.
Do not use a lot of pressure to press the button and position the bottle a few inches away from your face.
Step 7: Clean your Airbrush machine
If you are determined in achieving the most flawless natural looking makeup look every time you wear makeup, clean your Airbrush machine after every use.
This ensures that no products are left on the Airbrush machine.
If products dry up inside your Airbrush machine, they will clog your makeup machine.
Use this guide from Onviw to help you clean your Airbrush machine effectively.
You will make a few mistakes during the initial period of Airbrush makeup application.
However, after you will be using a less time to apply makeup and your makeup will be flawless.
Is Airbrush makeup waterproof?
There are brands that sell waterproof Airbrush makeup.
Waterproof Airbrush makeup will last up to 12 hours without being messed by rain, sweat, or even tears.
Silicone-based Airbrush makeup are the ones that are waterproof.
Unfortunately, people with dry and sensitive skin type should stay away from silicone-based Airbrush makeup.
This types of makeup contain alcohol content.
Alcohol will absorb water from your skin making it dry.
Your skin might also start to crack.
Good thing is that you can make your Airbrush makeup waterproof or make it last longer by;
- Priming before applying Airbrush makeup.
- Dusting your face with setting powder before Applying foundation.
- Mixing a setting spray with your Airbrush makeup before applying it on your face.
- Using a tint or a blush.
- Thinning cream and powder eye makeup.
- Baking your makeup using a setting powder.
- And the last step is applying a setting spray after you complete your makeup.
Is Airbrush makeup worth it for my wedding?
Before Airbrush makeup was embraced by everyone, it was mainly used by celebrities for red carpet events.
Later on, wedding planners started using Airbrush makeup for the brides and their teams.
The reason why brides apply Airbrush makeup is that their special day is full of activities that will definitely spoil your makeup.
- Almost everyone will want to hug you.
- The number of times you will be asked to wake up and dance are uncountable.
- You will be exposed to dust and even rain.
- There will be emotional times where you will shade some tears.
After a long day of being around people, you are still expected to look snatched.
And since you cannot take bathroom breaks to go and fix your makeup, you should consider Airbrush makeup.
- Airbrush makeup is lightweight: You will not feel the weight of having to wear makeup for more than 12 hours.
- Airbrush makeup is buildable: Unlike regular makeup where once you will need to blend in the makeup so that it does not look cakey, Airbrush makeup application is smooth. You can keep adding layers of makeup to achieve a certain coverage.
- Airbrush makeup is flawless: once you spray makeup on your face, you won’t need to go in with a beauty blender or brushes to blend in the makeup. The formula used to make Airbrush makeup also ensures that only a thin layer lands at a spot and it provides the right coverage.
- Airbrush makeup is safe: Since you are not using your hands or brushes, there are reduced chances of transferring bacteria to your face.
- Airbrush makeup is waterproof and lasts longer: If it is for your wedding, you don’t need to go for a few hours then they start melting.
You can find waterproof Airbrush makeup.
This type of makeup is smudge-proof and transfer-proof.
You can be assured you will slay the day without any touchups in between the day.
With all these benefits, you can be assured that Airbrush makeup is expensive.
It is also a bit complicated for a beginner.
So, if you want to bag all the benefits of Airbrush makeup during your day and turn enough heads, you can hire a professional Airbrush makeup artist.
Does Airbrush makeup expire?
Although Airbrush makeup has all the benefits mentioned above, it will eventually get bad.
Most brands indicate that their brands lasts for three years before getting to expiry.
This however is not constant.
There are things you can do to your Airbrush makeup and make them expire very quickly,
- For starters, an Airbrush makeup might last for three years without getting to expiry. However, once you open the bottle of the products, the life span reduce by an year. When buying Airbrush makeup, ensure you check the expiry date. The products must also not have stayed for more than 6 months in the shelves.
- Heat, and other environmental conditions will make your Airbrush makeup expire quickly. Always store your Airbrush makeup in a cool room and the bottle should always be covered.
- Do not mix any other products directly to the bottle of Airbrush makeup. This will speed up the expiration. If you follow all the steps provided in this guide, you can be assured your makeup will last longer.
Airbrush makeup will last for up to 13 hours without needing touchups.
This is because of the formula used to make the products and the mode of application.
Despite of that, there are a few steps you can add to your Airbrush makeup application and routines that make your Airbrush last longer.
To understand all this steps, read my guide above and consider subscribing to this page for more beauty related content.
You may also enjoy reading..
- Can Airbrush Makeup Cover Scars? |Ulitimate Guide
- Can you Use Airbrush Makeup without an Airbrush? |Important Tips
- Can you use regular foundation in an airbrush?
- Albarran, P. A. (2020). Makeup Trends on Television Newcasts in the US during the 20th Century: Exploring High-Definition Television, Journalists, and Appearance. VISUAL REVIEW. International Visual Culture Review/Revista Internacional de Cultura Visual, 7(2), 85-94.
- Graham, L. (2011). Makeup artist profile. Professional Beauty, (Sep/Oct 2011), 76-78.
- Johnson, C. (2017). Tattoos? No Problem! Tattoo Coverage for Performers.
Was this helpful?
Andriya Ruth, is a beauty specialist with more than 10 years of experiences. She loves to test new beauty products and techniques to innovate novel beauty procedures for her clients and knowledge. Further, she contributes to several beauty magazines and blogs as a leading author/reviewer.