Are you looking for skin cycling with “The ordinary” products? So, that is a great idea to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
“The Ordinary” skin care products provide a variety of skincare concerns such as cleaning, moisturizing, toning, treating, and protecting your skin.
So, no more wasting time let’s join us for more secrets on the ordinary skin cycling.
How do you skin cycle with “The Ordinary”?
You can use different kinds of “The ordinary” skincare products at every time of the day such as morning, evening, and night.
I have mentioned some steps you can follow for skin cycling.
You can use a gentle cleanser to take out oil, makeup, or else dirt on your skin.
“The ordinary” provides you with ideal cleansing products such as Squalane Cleanser and Sensitive Skin Cleanser specifically designed for all skin types and sensitive skin types.
The squalane cleanser is formulated using the natural moisturizing agent squalane which helps to hydrate your skin while cleansing.
The sensitive skin cleanser suit for who have reactive skin types. These cleansers consist of amino acids, aloe vera, and glycerin to hydrate and relax your skin.
Toner is needed to balance your skin’s pH and modify your skin for later skin treatments. “The ordinary ” provides a variety of toner products suited for your skin cycling. I have mentioned some of them for your knowledge.
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution consists of aloe vera, ginseng as well glycolic and alpha hydroxy acids.
Lactic Acid 10% + HA toner consists of lactic, alpha hydroxyl, and hyaluronic acids as well as a humectant to support your skin exfoliate, glow, and hydrate.
Mandelic Acid 10% + HA tones comprise mandelic, alpha hydroxyl, and hyaluronic acids to remove dead skin cells, glow and hydrate your skin.
Salicylic Acid 2%+ Masque toner comprises salicylic acid, and beta-hydroxy acids as well as natural ingredients like clay and charcoal to absorb extra dirt and oils from your skin.
Treat step in skin cycling refers to the application of serum or other specific skin care treatments for pigmentation, acne, dark spots, or else wrinkles.
I have mentioned some special skin care and serum product offered by “The ordinary”.
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: The niacin amide, zinc, consists of the product support for controlling sebum production as well as decreasing the visibility of pores and enhancing the texture of our skin.
Vitamin C suspension 23% +HA Spheres 2%: The higher concentration of vitamin C contained in the product improves the glow of our skin as well as skin texture.
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion: The reduction of fine lines and wrinkles as also skin texture improvement done by the retinoid contained in the serum product.
Buffet + Copper peptides 1%: The copper peptides consist in the serum product support for enhancing skin elasticity as well as decreasing fine lines and wrinkles.
Alpha Arbutin 2% +HA: The arbutin contain in the product support for the decrease in the visibility of hyperpigmentation and enhances total skin tone.
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%: Ascorbic acid and Alpha arbutin comprise the product involving that enhances the glow of your skin as well as decreases the dark spots.
You need to use a moisturizing product to hydrate your skin as well as conserve moisture in the skin. The specific products from “The ordinary” is ideal for conserving your skin moisture.
- Natural moisturizing factors +HA: This moisturizing product from “The ordinary” is comprised of amino acids, fatty acids as well as hyaluronic acid which helps to hydrate and enhance the moisture barrier functions of your skin.
- Marine Hyaluronic: These serum products comprise several kinds of hyaluronic acid and marine-derived abstracts which can enhance the hydration, elasticity, and texture of your skin.
Here you need to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to safeguard your skin from destructive UV radiation. I have mentioned some UV protection skin care products offered by “The ordinary”.
- Mineral UV Filters SPF 15 with antioxidants: This “The ordinary “sunscreen comprises mineral-based UV filters that can provide broad–spectrum protection from UVA and UVB radiations. And also antioxidants help safeguard you against free radicals.
- Vitamin C suspension 23% + HA spheres 2%: This vitamin C serum sunscreen comprises L-ascorbic acid and antioxidants which can safeguard skin against free radicals and enhance collagen synthesis.
- EUK 1340.1%: These sunscreens consist of EUK134 which is a stronger antioxidant that can safeguard skin against oxidative stress due to UV radiation and other environmental factors.
What should you not put together “The Ordinary”?
You need to make sure some of “The ordinary products” cannot be used together.
Because the combining of multiple ingredients can cause skin irritations or else other severe skin concerns.
Therefore, it is recommended to avoid the application of products’ ingredients that are not compatible with each other.
The following mentioned “The ordinary” products are not compatible with each other together for skin cycling.
1. Niacin amide 10% + Zinc 1% and vitamin C
The niacin will produce when we will apply both products together. Both products can react with each other and cause redness and flushing.
2. Granactive Retinoid and direct acids
Both of the products are severe for our skin as well as cause skin irritations when we apply them together.
3. Vitamin C and Alpha Arbutin
Both products are not compatible for use together for your skin because they can unbalance the pH of our skin as well as cause skin irritations.
4. Buffet and Copper peptides
we should not apply both products together because the copper can repeal the effectiveness of ingredients in the buffet.
5. Salicylic Acid and AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution
Both products are harsh and cause skin irritations when they are used together.
When we apply glycolic acid in the morning and salicylic acid at night that can lead to over-exfoliation and also dryness and redness of our skin.
7. Waiting time
When we apply retinol to our skin then we may need to keep on some period on the skin before applying other products. The waiting times can cause clashes in skin cycling routines.
8. Sun sensitivity
We should need to make sure the application of sunscreens during the day prevents them from using in the morning. For example, alpha hydroxy acid and retinol can enhance sun sensitivity.
As solutions for the above issues, we can suggest that we can go for product changes, and extend the routine time gaps.
Furthermore, the dryness and irritations of the skin due to certain products can decrease the frequency of application of that products or else switch to milder products.
Moreover, we have experience sunburns, skin discolorations as well as uneven skin tones due to skin cycling routine effects we can go for specific product changes and reduction of frequency of use.
Most importantly we should need to carefully read the ingredients list and instructions before using the products for skin cycling.
“The ordinary” products for skin cycling
Here I have mentioned some examples of skin cycling routines with “The ordinary” products.
So, I think that is useful for getting an idea of how to prepare your skin cycling routine with The ordinary.
- We can apply gentle cleansers to clean skin such as “ squalane cleanser’’.
- Next, we can use hydrating serum such as “ Hyaluronic acid 2% +B5”.
- Then we can apply Vitamin C serum such as Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% offered by The ordinary. If you want to brighten your skin as well as safeguard against free radical damage then vitamin C is ideal for that.
- Next, apply a moisturizer such as “ Natural Moisturizing Factorsc+ HA ” to lock the moisture in the skin.
- Finally, you have to make sure to use at least SPF 30 sunscreen so Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants are the best choice.
- First, you should need to remove makeup, dirt, oil, and impurities in your skin using a “ squalane cleanser ”.
- Then we can apply gentle exfoliating acids such as Lactic Acid 5% +HA offered from The ordinary to remove dead skin cells and enhance the texture of your skin.
- Now we can use retinoid products such as Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion. Because the retinoid can reduce fine lines, and wrinkles and enhance your skin texture.
- Finally, use a moisturizer such as Natural Moisturizing Factors +HA to conserve your skin moisture.
We can apply extra skin care treatments on at least a weekly basis to further improve the appearance and glow of the skin.
AHA 30% +BHA 2% Peeling Solution: We can apply this product once a week to deeply exfoliate and unblock the pores on our skin.
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: We can use this product once or twice a week for support to reduce the pore appearance and enhance skin texture.
We have to be careful to do a patch test before applying every skin care product to our skin because some products are allergic or cause other skin concerns.
Moreover, a consultation with a dermatologist can also be more beneficial for selecting proper skin care products for our skin type.
Wrapping things up
Skincare products from thousands of brand names are available worldwide.Among them“The ordinary” skincare is specifically designed for each skin type providing outstanding benefits in skin cycling. So in this blog, I will guide you on how to choose the best product for your skin and which products you can not use together. Most importantly make sure the chosen products are appropriate for your skin type to achieve glowing and healthy skin.
Was this helpful?
Andriya Ruth, is a beauty specialist with more than 10 years of experiences. She loves to test new beauty products and techniques to innovate novel beauty procedures for her clients and knowledge. Further, she contributes to several beauty magazines and blogs as a leading author/reviewer.