Are you style the hair with colored hair spray? Ooh, It is a great idea for your stunning look. But are you suffering from hair spray stains on your skin, clothes, and also pillowcase?
So, don’t worry further, in this blog we have discussed several methods you can easily apply to stop rubbing off your hair spray in anywhere.
How to keep colored hair spray from rubbing off before drying?
If your colored hair spray does not fully dry or fully stick to the hair it can make stains on every surface where it comes into contact.
So, to sidestep stains or discolorations you want to follow up with certain tips.
- Firstly, make sure to thoroughly clean and dry your hair before using the colored hair spray. Because oils and dirt in your hair can cause hair color to rub off.
- You can apply hair spray like a small mist before spreading it over the colored hair spray. This can benefit you to better adhesion of color to hair and reduce the chance of rubbing off.
- As well as you can spray it section by section on hair. That can useful for equal distribution of hair spray on your hair and reduce rubbing off.
- Furthermore, hold the hair spray some inches away from your hair when your spray it into your hair. It is helpful for equal distribution of hair color in your hair and reduces rubbing off.
- The blow dryer on a low setting can useful for you to fast dry the colored hair spray. Because this can decrease the rubbing off and keep colors in place.
- So, after applying the colored hair spray on the hair you want to take care of it to sidestep rubbing off. Then prevent washing your hair for a minimum of 24 hours later spread over the hair color.
- And also prevent excessive scratching of your hair. Because that can lead to flaking off your hair color. Moreover, do not get wet your hair expose to rain or humidity until the hair spray is fully dried.
- If you can it is better to prevent heat styling or high-heat hair styling before drying hair color. Because that can speed up the rubbing off of hair spray colors.
Does colored hair spray rub off after drying?
Yes, colored hair spray faded after drying when it is improperly applied or else the hair is improperly prepared. Furthermore, there are some other causes for rub-off after drying.
1. Insufficient preparation
Your hair is not properly clean and dry before using the hair spray. So. It does not properly adhere to your hair. So, before applying the hair spray make sure to remove all dirt, oils, and other impurities from your hair.
2. Low-quality hair spray
If you purchase cheaper hair spray that contains inappropriate pigments or ingredients that may be unfit for your health as well as improperly bound to the hair and that will ease rubbing off the hair colors.
3. Excess usage of hair color spray
If you sometimes apply hair spray that is too much for your hair volume as well that can cause cluster or flake off the hair spray. So, it is important to apply the hair color spray sufficient for your hair volume and multiple light coats.
4. Type of hair
If you own very smooth or else porous hair that may be cause for ease rub off the hair color spray. Because fine hair can easily get damaged and break and inability to properly bound the hair color spray. Furthermore porous hair with chemically treated or else heat styled also get easily absorbs more hair spray than the required amount. So, that could lead to rubbing off your hair color easily.
5. The moisture level of hair and hair color spray
If you apply the hair spray on your wet hair or else your hair spray is not completely dry before styling or brushing the hair both can speed up the rubbing of your hair color spray.
6. Environmental factors
if you are frequently exposed to windy, rainy, or humid conditions that can speed up the rubbing of the hair color spray due to losing its stability.
How can you overcome those things?
- Choose a premium-quality hair color spray: That does not mean any hair color spray is expensive but that could contain superior-quality ingredients or color compounds, longevity, and vibrant color. Furthermore, make sure to choose a hair color spray that suits your hair type and your natural hair color.
- Select a suitable color: It is most important to choose a matching hair spray color for your skin tone as well as your natural hair. Because that can prevent rubbing off hair spray.
- Proper application of hair spray: You can apply the hair spray keeping a distance of 8-10 inches between the hair spray and your hair.
- Wash with color-safe products: You can use color-safe shampoo for washing your hair to prevent disrobing the color. Furthermore, you can apply a color-safe conditioner to prevent hair colors from rubbing off and enhance the moisture of the hair.
- Use a hair protectant: You can use a hair protectant or else sealant such as hair serum or spray to safeguard the hair color and rubbing off.
How to prevent hair color spray from rubbing off during application?
- You can use a barrier cream or lotion all over your hairline, neck, or else ears before hair spray to avoid discoloration of your skin.
- Furthermore, you can wear protective clothing such as an old t-shirt, towel, or else a cape to avoid transferring hair color to your skin and clothing. It is good to you can wear gloves to avoid stains on your hands.
- Most important prevent frequent touching of your hair when you are spraying the hair color.
- You can use a stencil or template to prepare a design of hair colors that can ease you to apply different hair colors without rubbing as well as staining your skin and clothes.
- And also, a wearing hairnet, when you apply the hair spray, is another good option to avoid overspray and staining.
- When you are applying hair color on a small section of hair it is good to tie up your hair on the back. It is useful to avoid staining your clothes and skin.
Wrapping Things Up
The colored hair sprays give you a stunning look from every angle. But the rubbing off of hair spray can worsen your stunning look. So, don’t worry further, here we discussed how to prevent rubbing off before drying, after drying as well as during the colored hair spray application. The most important thing is your preparation and knowledge of colored hair spray and its usage.
Was this helpful?
Andriya Ruth, is a beauty specialist with more than 10 years of experiences. She loves to test new beauty products and techniques to innovate novel beauty procedures for her clients and knowledge. Further, she contributes to several beauty magazines and blogs as a leading author/reviewer.